Learn how to become part of the daily life of our vibrant school community.
Learn more about our Instrumental Music Program.
We are accepting enrolments for Prep to Year 6.
What is a PLP?
Find out what personalised learning plans (PLP) are, and how we use them to help your child.
Welcome to St Kieran's Catholic School, Mount Isa
Learning through love and belonging
Here at St Kieran’s, we are a highly-engaged school community with a long tradition of outstanding performance in academic, sporting and cultural areas.
Prep to Year 6 | co-educational | 160+ students
Our school community is a welcoming family, one which embraces cultures and spiritualities, enriched by sharing our stories. Every student is known to each other and our teachers attuned to the individual abilities and needs of every child. It is this familiarity and individualised approach that helps us as educators support our students to achieve their very best.
Discover our school’s spirit. Become part of our wonderful community. Experience what St Kieran’s can offer your family.
Why choose a Catholic school?
Choosing a school is an important decision for your child and your family. With a strong focus on student wellbeing, inclusion and excellence in all pursuits, our school community is vibrant, proud and highly regarded within the wider community.
Catholic school students:
- experience belonging — We believe the best way for students to get the most out of their schooling is to feel connected to their peers, their teacher and their school community.
- experience opportunity — With access to excellent resources and expert teachers, we create real opportunities for students.
- experience the dedication — Our Catholic school teachers are dedicated to delivering the best faith-based educational experience to every student.
- experience our difference — Catholic schools focus on the whole child, encouraging growth in all aspects of a well-rounded education including social, spiritual, cultural, environmental, sporting, creative and academic.
- experience their best — Every student's 'best' is different, and we work collaboratively with parents to help students realise their potential.
Education at its best
We take a modern approach to educating, using data-driven practise, best teaching pedagogies and the Australian curriculum to help your child succeed. Importantly though, we recognise that our students are truly able to succeed when we educate the whole child – spiritually, academically, physically, socially and emotionally. We find our approach fosters both enjoyment and excellence in learning.
While our teaching staff are excellent educators, we acknowledge parents as the first educators of their children and we encourage a healthy, proactive partnership between school and family. This home-school relationship is centred in ongoing communication, shared values, openness and trust.Learn More